The Prime Minister has announced that the easing of Covid-19 restrictions at Step 4 of the Roadmap will be paused until 19 July.
In a press conference yesterday (14 June) he announced that Step 4 will be delayed by up to four weeks and the vaccination programme accelerated to respond to the rapid spread of the Delta variant. The vaccination programme is weakening the link between cases and hospitalisations, but the latest evidence shows that two doses are needed to provide effective protection against the Delta variant.
Step 3 restrictions will continue in their current format with the following exceptions implemented from 21 June:
– 30-person limit will be lifted for weddings and wakes.
– There will be no set limit on the number of attendees, but venues must adhere to covid secure guidance.
– Event pilots will continue, including some Euro 2020 matches, Wimbledon, and some arts and music performances.
– Attendees will show proof of vaccination or a recent negative test.
– Care home residents will no longer need to isolate if they leave their residence.
– Exceptions will include high risk visits including overnight stays in hospital.