Contact details for HMRC’s new EU Exit Service
Below, are details of the new EU exit service for EU exit questions, covering Customs, VAT and Excise.
This service is available to businesses who don’t have a Customer Compliance Manager in HMRC’s Large Business department so if you do have a CCM, please contact them directly with any EU Exit related questions.
The EU exit service uses a dedicated mailbox (press ctrl plus left click to open link) and when sending a question, please help the team to help you by:
· Telling them which gov.uk guidance pages you’ve already consulted – HMRC are always looking to improve the content on our webpages so if you have any comments or suggestions for improving these please let the EU Exit team know
· Letting them know whether this query has already been submitted to HMRC via a different route
· Giving a clear statement of your question, so they can give as comprehensive an answer as possible
There are also just a few areas that they don’t handle:
· Operational activity at the UK border as this is a Border Force responsibility. HMRC sets policies but does not have a border presence
· Quotas (apart from first come first served) or licensing – these are not HMRC matters
· Income tax, corporation tax and other direct taxes
· Progress on applications – please contact the helpline on 0300 200 3700 (or for EORI, 0300 322 7067) (Mon – Fri, 8am – 6pm) if you’re after an update
The team aims to answer questions within 5 working days but if this isn’t possible for any reason, they’ll let you know.
This is a temporary service designed only for EU Exit issues and HMRC will therefore review its operation when the UK has left the EU.
For general questions about this service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Adam on 07867 904707.